Speak

"Art without emotion is like chocolate cake without sugar. It makes you gag. The next time you work on your trees, don't think about trees. Think about love, or hate, or joy, or pain- whatever makes you feel something, makes your palms sweat, or your toes curl. Focus on that feeling. When people don't express themselves, they die on piece at a time." -Speak

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Shhh It's a secret...

Yet again I was scared to start another art project. The only collage's I had ever made made included cutting pictures out of magazine and layering them together until they look half decent. This wasn't the same thing obviously. Luckily inspiration struck when I remembered my favorite book The Secret Life of Bees/ This book by Sue Monk Kidd changed my life for the better and I wanted to base my ID collage off of it from there I only included a few others items which would symbolize myself and focused on building color around these objects. Luckily Miss Kiick taught about dry brushing which allowed me to work colors together more subtlety. I felt the objects blended well to create a more cohesive image.

No comments:

Post a Comment